Established in 2014, the Syscoin development team boasts a long history of blockchain technology breakthroughs, corporate and grassroots partnerships, and an unbreakable commitment to bring crypto to the mainstream. We work in close quarters with our ever-growing community of professional developers and enthusiasts to give you one of the best blockchain development platforms in the field. It enables you to transact quickly and securely to anyone, anywhere. Syscoin Platform brings you the tools you need to remove the middleman and take back control of the way you do business.
Create your own Syscoin Platform Token ( SPT ) specially designed to transact fast and secure, with low costs. The trustless, permissionless two-way bridge makes it possible to tap into Ethereum smart contracts and infrastructure. At the same time, Any ERC20 can now gain near-instant micropayment capability with consensus and finality, cross-chain fractional token supply, and benefit from Syscoin’s Bitcoin-compliant merge-mined security while retaining all the utility of existing Ethereum smart contracts.
The possibilities are endless. What will you build?
The History of Syscoin
Satoshi Nakamoto's original vision for Bitcoin included a Marketplace embedded directly into the Bitcoin blockchain. The Syscoin founder, Sebastian Schepis, took that vision and built Syscoin 1.0, which included a fully-featured command-line marketplace for buying and selling goods on the blockchain, as well as other new features such as Certificates and Aliases.
- April 16 2014: Syscoin Project announced
- Presale launched. 1500 BTC raised, of which 750 was held in escrow and later stolen by Ryan Kennedy (operating as Moolah)
- August 16, 2014: Syscoin 1.0 launched
- Bitcoin merge-mining activated for a more stable and secure blockchain [First use of blockchain data as court evidence, in Ryan Kennedy fraud case
- 2015 2015 Blockmarket Desktop beta version launched.
- Syscoin becomes "Core" Coin Member of the highly-respected SuperNET organisation (now operating as Komodo)
Syscoin 2.0 included blockchain pruning, encrypted messaging, Syscoin Identities, decentralised marketplace moderation, private Z-Cash payments, arbitrated escrow support, price-pegging to fiat or other cryptocurrency, and marketplace categories and geolocations.
- March 2016: Syscoin becomes an official Microsoft Azure Development Partner
March 30 2017: Second altcoin
to activate SegWit
- Syscoin API 1.0 Released
- Syscoin joins the new Microsoft Decentralised Identity Foundation as a founding core member
- Syscoin invited to lead the Hawaii Digital Currency Foundation
- Blockmarket 1.0 Desktop released
The 3.0 update was based on feedback from the wide range of companies, organisations, and developers that used previous Syscoin versions for their blockchain applications. In this update, Syscoin became a fully-fledged blockchain development platform. Brand new features included the Z-DAG protocol and Masternodes to facilitate high network throughput (TPS) for assets, Masternode governance, an indexing service, and the Syscoin API 3.0 Asset creation platform.
- CoinPayments launches CPS Coin on Syscoin Platform and distributes their coin to Syscoin holders via an airdrop
- Other companies start to build on Syscoin Platform, such as Bitcab and Aibb
- Syscoin partners with Peer Mountain for regulatory compliant on-chain e-commerce
- Whiteblock.io releases official Syscoin network throughput results
Syscoin Platform Tokens are now enabled with a further enhanced Z-DAG - a unique decentralized high-throughput transaction layer which also benefits users with Syscoin’s underlying Bitcoin-compliant security and finality. We implemented the trustless, permissionless Syscoin Bridge to and from Ethereum, capable of first-class integration with other platforms as well. Developers determined more efficient ways to handle non-value transactions such as aliases, marketplace offers, escrow and certificates, leading to a streamlined blockchain. As a whole, this version of Syscoin Platform brings scalability and viability for mass adoption, and opens the way for Syscoin and other platforms to share capabilities through cross-chain architecture that aligns with the ideals of Satoshi Nakamoto. All of this further defines the value proposition of the platform.
- Lode ecosystem established its AGX token on Syscoin Platform, a silver-backed stable coin useful for point-of-sale
- Syscoin Platform joins the Messari Disclosures Registry, and aligns with Messari’s efforts to push the limits of transparency for investors
- Tryvium begins using Syscoin Platform to build a decentralized, cost-effective booking platform for hotels and other accommodations
- More to come